Monday, April 7, 2008

Fbodz In Taiwan (Almost Live) - Part 2 - "Best 8!"

hey guys sorry for the late updates. The Max Party battle has ended. I must say it was one hell of an event. The dance standard was awesome, the people were friendly and the events were really entertaining. What touched us most about the event was it's people and their mindset. The general participants have this level of fun as they dance and you could tell from their faces that its a damned priviledge to be dancing on a stage like this. While Singaporeans love to compare others and try to be the 'best', the people here compliment each other with their dance and try hard to entertain, more than impress.

A good news i would like to deliver is that i have achieved a Best 8 placing out of the 90 odd that joined the locking category! I didn't really expect that but was secretly happy also la! hehehehehehehhehehe. Let me bring you through my journey during the day.

ps. See i am so patriotic. i wear our national colour okay!

Best 32 Audition
This was my second set by now. I have had gone through the 1st round of auditions to get into this best 32 selection. According to Melanie, she said that my style for the 1st round was too laid back and that i needed more Ommmppff!! So i tried that a little although down here it still does look like i am laying back! I like the other guy's set too. Love his ending!

Best 16 Battle

For best 16. It was already battle rounds and i am honoured to be dancing with Ah Niu from Funky Chicken crew of Taipei. I was happy because Funky Chicken is one of my favourite performance crews in taipei. I must say i was really lucky for this set because they played a music which i knew!

Best 8 Battle

At this point of time i already know that my route ends here because Air Con from Chayi City is a well known Locker who has great music skills. I would already consider that he was playing nice with me on this round la.. but you see i so gabra on this round i din even look like i knew what i was doing. Was talking to Nick from Studio Wu today and he felt that i lacked the levels. Which i think was so true. But it was all good because i think it was an honour to be on the stage stage as these guys. I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Other results: (will post videos soon. Still sourcing)

Hip-Hop Best 16
Melanie Tay

Hip-Hop Best 32
Ah Ben Toh
Lesner Chua
Melanie Tay 
Ah Hei

Yours Funkily,
Chunkier

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home